From June 30th to September 30th 2018, applications will be accepted for the Miles Morland Writing Scholarship. The scholarship will endow fiction recipients with £18,000 (over twelve months) and non-fiction with up to £27, 000 (over eighteen months).
- Applicants must be born in Africa or have both parents born in Africa.
- Entry excerpt must be a published work (literary fiction) of up to 2000-2500 words that has been offered for sale, with proof of publication.
- A 400-1000 word proposal for the work they intend to write. This work must be up to 80,000 words for a full-length book (collection of short stories or collaborative work not allowed).
- Official documents showing that the applicant or parents were born in Africa.
- A brief bio of 200-300 words.